Another Four Pounds of Pressure
A Sequel Memoir
After her debut memoir, Four Pounds of Pressure: A Memoir of Rape, Survival, and Taking Back My Power, took readers by storm, author and advocate, Danielle Leukam, knew the conversation wasn’t over.
Now, she’s giving us a front-row seat inside the case files, behind-the-scenes interviews, and a captivating retelling of how her abuser was brought to justice. Read from the investigator reports that recount the evidence uncovered. Discover a harrowing connection through lab report results that prove Danielle was not his only victim. Observe the interrogation of her abuser and Danielle’s compelling interviews that all led to his arrest.
Another Four Pounds of Pressure reveals the pivotal phases of this distressing case while also providing a transparent lens into the aftermath of the assault for Danielle and her family. The book entices readers with honest insight from the people indirectly impacted by this horrific event, in an effort to give secondary victims a voice of their own. It expands the depths to which Danielle is willing to share her story, disclosing some of the most challenging hurdles she had to jump–and is still trying to leap over–as she works to heal and move forward.
One thing that will never be in question is Danielle’s persistence in amplifying this narrative for survivors like her. She will only get louder.
2022-2023 Speaking Events
- February 22, 2022: American Business Women's Association in Rochester, Minnesota
- April 9, 2022: STRONG(her) (strongherevents.com) in St. Cloud, MN
- April 11, 2022: Criminal Justice Program at Winona State University
- May 2, 2022: SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) Education Event at Hamline University
- May 17, 2022: Case Study Presentation with Investigators Dungy and Loken and Prosecutor Galewski
- May 23-26, 2022: National 17th Annual Conference on Crimes Against Women in Dallas, Texas
- September 12, 2022: SANE training in Mankato, MN
- September 16, 2022: Women's Round Table Speaker (Rochester Chamber of Commerce)
- October 6, 2022: MNSCIA Conference in Nisswa, MN
- October 10, 2022: SANE training in St. Paul, MN
- October 19, 2022: Author Talk at the Shakopee Public Library
- November 17, 2022: Criminal Law and Procedure Class at Winona State University
- April 12, 2023: The Rochester Exchange Club
- May 1, 2023: SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) Training
A huge thank you to
the Destination Boutique Station in Rushford, Minnesota.
I would not be able to do this without you and your support!
The Boutique Station in Rushford, MN
Stanger Construction, LLC